McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone Set
- 2,500.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
Bringing you top quality at an affordable price, the McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone in Eb is a stylish, durable instrument that's ideal for beginners. Its traditional sleek good looks with gold lacquered finish are well matched by its smooth, clear, bright tone.
Hear the McNeela Beginner Alto Sax in action in the hands of world renowned Irish musician, Tara Breen:
Designed with ease of play in mind, the McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone is a responsive instrument that offers a comfortable playing experience and easy blowing response. Its lightweight construction and smaller size make the alto sax the perfect choice for young musicians.
This quality saxophone comes as part of a set that includes everything you need to keep your instrument looking and sounding its best, including:
- a sturdy saxophone case to protect from unwanted knocks or bumps (perfect for storage and transport)
- a neck strap for added comfort and support (helpful for long bouts of playing and lengthy practice sessions)
- a protective mouthpiece cap that fits snugly over the mouthpiece to keep the tip and reed safe from damage, ensuring your instrument continues to sound its very best
We've also included a pack of 10 cane reeds (2.5 reed strength) to help you get started!
The alto saxophone is suitable for any genre of music from classical to jazz, or even traditional Irish music, and we know the McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone will be the perfect companion for your musical journey, whichever path you choose.
Key Features of The McNeela Beginner Alto Sax:
- Alto Saxophone
- Key of Eb
- Lacquered brass with gold finish
- Pearlescent keys
- Smooth, rich, resonant tone
- Easy blowing design & response
- High F# auxiliary key
- Tilting spatula keys: G#-Bb
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Lightweight construction
- Comfortable to hold
- Suitable for beginners
- Includes mouthpiece, reeds and case
The McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone Set Includes:
- Saxophone neck strap
- Mouthpiece cap
- Protective/polishing gloves
- Cork grease
- Cleaning cloth & brush
- Includes pack of 10 cane reeds (2.5 reed strength)
- Comes with quality protective soft case
Please note: stand is not included
The Difference Between Alto Saxophones & Tenor Saxophones:
The most obvious difference between the two instruments is their size. The alto sax is smaller and lighter than the tenor sax. As a result, the alto sax produces a higher, brighter sound, while the tenor saxophone has a deeper, more mellow tone:
- Alto sax range: Alto saxophones are in the key of Eb. The range of the alto sax in concert pitch is Db3 to Ab5
- Tenor sax range: Tenor saxophones are in the key of Bb. The range of the tenor sax in concert pitch is Ab2 to E5
Due to its smaller size, the alto saxophone is the perfect choice for young beginner musicians. It’s well suited for smaller hands, requiring less of a stretch for the fingers, and it’s also usually much more lightweight than its tenor counterpart, requiring less airflow.
The alto saxophone is the solo instrument of choice for classical music, while the tenor saxophone is arguably the most popular solo instrument for jazz musicians.
Your Alto Sax Adventure Begins Here, Let Us Lead The Way:
The McNeela Beginner Alto Saxophone is the perfect instrument to help you get started on your musical journey. Designed with playability, durability and affordability in mind, it's guaranteed to help you play your first notes with confidence. This beginner friendly instrument facilitates maximum airflow with zero leakage, offering an even, balanced performance throughout all registers, and good intonation. With this alto sax in hand you'll see results in no time at all!
The instrument's smooth response and bright clear tone are well matched by its sleek gold lacquer finish. In addition to giving the saxophone its characteristic traditional good looks, the gold lacquer will protect the brass from surface corrosion, as well as minor scratches, ensuring your sax stays looking like new for as long as possible.
Everything You Need
The McNeela Beginner Saxophone Set comes complete with a protective case, 10 reeds, mouthpiece cover, neck strap, cork grease, cleaning cloth and brush, polishing gloves, and even a digital tuner - everything you need to start making music straight away!
You're In Safe Hands With McNeela
We know you want peace of mind when making a musical investment, that's why we offer a one year guarantee on our saxophones against any material defects. Beyond one year we will happily service your instrument for a nominal fee.
The McNeela Guarantee:
- 100% refundable (including shipping), for any reason. Just return the sax within 14 days.
- One year guarantee against material defects.
- Free back up service for one year.
- If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday) we ship it the same business day.
- Low cost priority shipping worldwide
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 - 10 days)
REST OF WORLD (10 - 14 days)