The Phoenix Concertina [OFFER INSIDE!]
- 1,500.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
*Check out an exclusive offer below*
- Optimal for all levels including intermediate and advanced concertina players
- Specifically for Traditional Irish Music
- Fast and Responsive - Designed for ease of play
- Perfect for rapid technique improvement
- Traditional concertina sound
- Built to progress up to professional level
- Key of C/G
- Choose your finish: Matte Black or Natural
- Choose your layout: Jeffries or Wheatstone
The secret of all great concertina makes is in the reeds. The Phoenix has been crafted using the best quality materials available, including premium Czech-made reeds. We use ‘Tipo a Mano’ (hand-finished) reeds, from Swedish sound steel, producing a bright, sweet and melodious tone.
Czech reeds are renowned the world over for producing top quality tone and their strength and brightness makes the Phoenix a great traditional Irish session concertina when you need to be heard but not to dominate. Like all good reeds they open up and get even better with play.
Take Your Playing to the Next Level
The Phoenix is a great fit for the intermediate-advanced concertina player, crafted to the highest standard and perfect for students who are ready to advance and master their instrument.
When developing this concertina it was really put to the test. We had several trial sessions and received feedback from many concertina players.
The overwhelming response was that it matched concertinas twice the price for action and sound. This is a concertina that will serve you for years.
*Reduced Priority Shipping to USA, UK, Canada and the Rest of the World*
Key Features of the McNeela Phoenix Concertina:
Hardware and Moving Parts
- Czech-made steel 'Tipo a Mano' reeds
- Traditional Riveted Action & Lever system
- 30 buttons plus raised air button
- Domed black Delrin® buttons
- 6-Fold Leather Bellows
- Adjustable soft leather hand-straps
- Wheatstone or Jeffries Layout
- 30 Day money back trial
- 3 year guarantee
- Free Online Concertina Lessons with Jack Talty
- Comes with a premium concertina hard case
- Weighs 1kg
- Measures 6.3" across the flats (162 mm)
- Measures 5.75” end to end when compressed (146 mm)
- Czech-made hand-finished (tipo a mano) accordion steel reeds.
- They are highly responsive, producing a strong, rich, melodic tone, with wonderful balance across the octaves.
- Improved Lever and Traditional Riveted Action system for a rapid response.
- 6-fold leather bellows of traditional construction ensures flexibility, durability and response.
- Prevents side-ways flexing for improved volume, dynamics and control.
- Domed black Delrin® buttons with felt bushings for a friction-free super fast response and release.
- Choose between our classic matt black finish or our brand new natural wood veneer finish.
- The 30 Button Phoenix Anglo Concertina is fully chromatic meaning you can play in practically all musical keys.
"The Phoenix concertina represents a significant step up from our beginner anglo concertinas, the player will notice the vast improvement in response and tone immediately." - Paraic McNeela
Reviews for the McNeela Phoenix Anglo Concertina
"This is a great intermediate concertina, at a very, very good price, very easy to play." - Caitlín Nic Gabhann
"I love my Phoenix Concertina! This is a professional standard concertina at a wonderful affordable price!" - Richard. L
"It's a joy to play! The action is very good, the tone is crisp." - Nancy R.
"This is one of the best sounding concertinas I have played and the best value. Nice reeds - a true "concertina" sound. Best "mid-range" instrument on the market." - Charles M.
"The concertina is top quality. Excellent tone, light and quick to play, better than anything I have played previously." - Lionel G.
"This concertina has rapid and responsive action and reeds. I would rank it as better than the Morse (Morse Céilí concertina priced at €2,373)" - Richard I.
Shop our full range of Anglo concertinas
An Exclusive Limited Offer
This offer is not available anywhere else and can only be accessed with purchase of the McNeela Phoenix Concertina.
For a limited time only, with every purchase of my best-selling Phoenix Concertina, we’re including 1 year’s free access to our brand new Concertina Masterclass Series taught by master Irish concertina player Jack Talty.
Let one of the best teachers in the world guide you on your musical journey as together you demystify the concertina, one note at a time.
This innovative new course, combined with Jack’s methodical approach, will take you from beginner, right through intermediate, and all the way to advanced level if you wish. Jack’s tried and tested teaching methods guarantee results!
This exclusive special offer includes access to:
- 30 Immersive Traditional Irish Concertina Lessons
- World class tuition with leading concertina expert Jack Talty
- Complete access to our complete Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced concertina classes
- A unique Irish session experience, from the comfort of your own home
- Bonus Materials and insider tips
- Flexible lessons that you can pause, slow down, speed up, follow at your own pace and bring with you wherever you go.
A leading concertina player within the tradition, and a highly sought after music educator, Jack has put together this unique, carefully crafted series of lessons that promises to unleash your full potential and truly master the Irish concertina.
Need Advice on purchasing a concertina? Looking for the best intermediate concertina for sale?
Can’t decide between a Lachenal and a Phoenix? Don’t know if you’re advanced enough for an intermediate concertina?
Our in-house concertina advisor is here for you, we’ll help you navigate the tricky waters of the concertina for sale market whether you’re a complete beginner, an improver or advanced level.
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Legendary After-Sales Service
Couple the above with McNeela's legendary after-sales service as well as the Phoenix concertina's 3 year guarantee and we reckon this is the best concertina for sale on the intermediate market.
Go gcuire an ceol meidhir ionaibh!
Compare the McNeela Phoenix Concertina to a Jeffries Concertina
The Phoenix also comes with a premium shock-proof hard case
CONCERTINA CARE TIPS
The concertina storage tips below, courtesy of Chris Algar, will ensure your concertina stays in top condition for longer and will help maintain smooth action and playability.
- When not playing your concertina, always store your concertina in its hard case with the lid fastened to prevent dust or grit getting in and affecting the intricate internal mechanism.
- Concertinas hate extremes of temperature and humidity, we recommend storing your concertina in its hard case, in a room with an ambient temperature of at least 18C but no more than 25C.
- Extremes of temperature or extreme fluctuations of temperature, may cause key functioning and moveable parts of the concertina to warp, sometimes to an irreparable extent.
- Humidity must also be kept constant, anything under 40% humidity will cause the concertina to react and will likely affect the reed pan and cause other issues that may make the concertina harder to play or may prevent it from playing at all
- In winter keep a tray of water near the radiator in the room where you store your concertina to prevent the air from drying out.
- Those of you on the East Coast of the US, be particularly careful as your low humidity during winter may lead to internal damage to the concertina.
- When storing your concertina, make sure that you keep the bellows compressed. Firstly, ensure that you have the bellows compressed by placing a tight elastic band around the concertina, secondly, keep the concertina tightly packed in its hard case.
- Keeping the bellows compressed in this way prevents them from expanding and losing elasticity and means you won’t lose action on the concertina.
Discover our full range of Anglo Concertinas
Try your Phoenix concertina for 30 days from the day you receive it and if you're not happy we guarantee a full refund.
We also offer a 3 year guarantee including free repairs
For more details please refer to our Shipping & Returns policy
If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday), we'll ship it the same business day.
Reduced Priority Shipping Worldwide
FedEx shipping also available if you are in a hurry!
This does no affect your statutory rights
If you have any questions at all, Paraic McNeela would be delighted to answer them. You can contact him here: Contact Paraic
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 - 10 days)
REST OF WORLD (10 - 14 days)