The Ultimate Rosewood 16” Deep-Rim Bodhrán Set
- 3,500.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
You’ll also receive unlimited access (forever!) to Rónán Ó Snodaigh’s exclusive Beginner to Master Bodhrán Course with over 20 brilliant bodhrán lessons plus bonus session classes. Get the entire course free, with this set only, for limited time! (See description below.)
You'll also get a superb range of bodhrán beaters and weighted tippers, plus a beautiful mulberry percussion piece, and not forgetting the miraculous bodhrán skin conditioner, Drum Diddly.
The Ultimate Rosewood 16" Deep Rim Bodhrán Set
- 16" Tuneable Rosewood Bodhrán
- New McNeela Bodhrán Gig Bag
- Drum Diddly Conditioning Cream
- Access to Full Bodhrán Masters Course with Rónán Ó Snodaigh
- Mulberry EggCup Cheating Spoons
- Fiddle Bow Beater
- Rónán Ó Snodaigh Whipper Tipper
- Non-Weighted Double Knot Beater
- Double Ribbed Non-Weighted Beater
- Tri-Grip Beater
Key Features of the Rosewood 16" Deep-Rim Bodhrán
- Rim Depth of approx 5 1/2"
- Performance Hand-Tuning System
- Removable T-Bar
- Arm Cut Out
- Taped to extend harmonics
- Lush bass tone
- Great sustain
- Highly Responsive
- Hand-Selected Sustainably Sourced Goat Skin
- Crafted from beautiful Rosewood.
NB. From time to time we may need to replace a beater with another beater of equal or greater value
As you may have guessed, yes the skin is the most important part of the bodhrán. That's why we only use the best of skins, sustainably sourced. We have done many blind tests and the results are staggering. Even non-bodhrán players can tell the difference between a good quality skin and a poor one - it's that obvious.
There is a huge difference in sound between a professionally made bodhrán and a badly made one. Hand-cured and hand stretched, properly conditioned and treated (without the use of chemicals) goatskin wins every single time. Carefully removed goatskin is used because you get much more depth of sound from it. The curing of the skin has to be carried out with great care as if it's done incorrectly it can destroy the skin or the sound that comes from it.
Our 8 point hand-tuning system means you can adjust your bodhrán without interrupting your performance.
The tuners are easy to grip and super fast to tune.
Environmental conditions can be conquered with a quick turn of the key so you can play all night without worrying about humidity or temperature.
All of Paraic’s bodhráns come taped around the edges as standard to ensure that lush McNeela bass sound - one of the many factors which make his drums so popular.
This technique creates a much deeper tone and sustain. It was discovered by observing drummers who use E rings on their drum kits to dampen the tone. In much the same way, the taping on the 16" bodhrán extends the harmonic range of the bodhrán and adds complexity to the bass tones.
LIMITED TIME ONLY:
Get Instant Access to the Complete Beginner to Master Bodhran Class..
with the famous Rónán Ó Snodaigh of the band Kíla (Worth €365/$399) Lifetime Access absolutely Free!
What You'll Learn:
- Introduction To Rónán (5:43)
- Learn the Basics (7:03)
- Different types of Beaters & How to use them - Comprehensive Tutorial (18:33)
- Irish Dance Beats: Jigs (14:41)
- Irish Dance Beats: Reels (12:18)
- How to Strap your Bodhrán & More (10:15)
- Irish Dance Beats: Polkas & Hornpipes (7:39)
- Session Tips (14:07)
- Accompanying Singers in Basic Waltz Timing (1:56)
- Alternative Beats - Turkish Beats & More (9:15)
- More Alternative Beats (8:29)
- Rosewood Performance Hand-Tuneable Bodhrán (1:36)
- Pops, Snaps & Bass beats on the Rosewood Performance Bodhrán (5:09)
- All About Rolls - Intermediate Level (11:02)
- Rónán’s Unique Notation System (7:05)
- Paradiddles (1:28)
SPECIAL EXTRAS/Play Along:
- Paraic on Flute and Rónán on Bodhrán - Session 1 (2:38)
- Paraic and Rónán on Bodhrán - Session 2 (4:24)
Good to Know:
- 14 day money back guarantee from the day you receive the bodhrán set.
- 100% refundable (For any reason, just return it up to 14 days from when you receive the bodhrán set).
- 1 year guarantee
- Same Day Shipping - If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday)
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA (5 days)
CANADA (7 - 10 days)
Not sure which bodhrán is for you? Give me a call and I'll help you choose! Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 087-2569672
From outside Ireland +353 18322432