We at McNeela Instruments are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, so this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. By personal information, we mean your name, email address, phone number and any other information you may have furnished us with.
1) What information do we collect?
We hold business-related data on you which is either collected through your use of our website or
given to us when you set up an account or give us permission to send you updates through our
Data collected through the website:
• We collect information about your computer, your visits to and your use of this website
(including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral
source, length of visit, page views, website navigation).
• Information that you provide to us when you register as a website user
• We do not collect your IP address to identify or track you
Data given to us by you:
• Your contact details at account set up
• Your contact details provided when you consent to our sending you updates on pricing,
promotions, customer services etc.
2) How we use your information
Personal information will be used for the purposes outlined below. We will not provide your personal
information to any third parties, unless obliged (see 5. Disclosures).
We may use your personal information to:
• send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
• send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
• send you our newsletter and possibly other updates relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you and which you have consented to receive, by email or similar technology
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
• enable your use of the services available on the website
3) Website use
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the
browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page
from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
wish to disable or delete cookies you should check the Help pages for the browser you use for
instructions on how to do this.
Please note that disabling or deleting cookies may affect the content and functionality available
to you on any website, including this one.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website and to understand how the site is being
used so we can keep improving the user experience. All user data is anonymous. Google Analytics
generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are
stored on users' computers. Google stores this information.
c) Third party websites
In the event that our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or
practices of third party websites.
4) Social Media
We use, or may use in the future, social media plugin functionality such as Facebook (Like and
Share buttons), their policy is listed here http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. We also use
Twitter (Retweet and Tweet buttons), their policy is listed here: http://twitter.com/privacy. This also applies to sharing on Pinterest, Google plus and YouTube
We may disclose information about you to our employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors
may disclose your personal information:
• If required to do so by law or in connection with any legal proceedings
• To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for
the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
• to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent
authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such
court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or
alteration of your personal information.
We will store any personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected)
Servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the
security of data sent over the internet. When using the website, you are responsible for keeping
your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when
you log in to the website).
7) Policy amendments
should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of
such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, such as a
passport and proof of address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes (by
unsubscribing or emailing email@example.com) or to delete your personal information from our
9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or
10) Data breach
We will report any unlawful data breach of our database(s) to all relevant authorities within 72
hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been
stolen or lost.
In the event of a major data breach, our Disaster Recovery or Crisis Management team will take
whatever action is required to assess and resolve the situation.
11) Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: McNeela Music Instruments whose registered address is Unit 137, Grange Drive, Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Baldoyle
12) Changes to our Privacy Statement:
This is a live document, under regular review. This policy was updated in May 2018 in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679: EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.