The Ultimate Rosewood 16” Deep Rim Bodhrán Set
4 left at this price
Our best-selling tuneable Rosewood Bodhrán has an extra deep rim - so you get added power and sustain in your bass notes and an 8-point hand tuning system.
You’ll also receive unlimited access to Rónán Ó Snodaigh’s exclusive bodhrán master course including 20 brilliant bodhrán lessons plus bonus session classes.
AND you'll get a superb range of bodhrán beaters and weighted tippers plus a beautiful rosewood percussion piece and not forgetting the miraculous bodhrán skin conditioner, Drum Diddly.
The Ultimate Rosewood 16” Deep Rim Performance Bodhrán Set
- 16” Performance Rosewood Bodhrán
- Bodhrán Carrier Bag with top handles and front pocket for beaters
- Drum Diddly Conditioning Cream
- Access to Full Bodhrán Masters Course with Rónán Ó Snodaigh
- Rosewood EggCup Spoons
- Fiddle Bow Beater
- Standard Bulbous Beater
- Weighted Ribbed Tipper
- Whipper Tipper
- Weighted Double Knot Beater
Key Features of the Rosewood 16” Deep Rim Performance Bodhrán
- Rim Depth of approx 5 1/2"
- Hand Tuning System
- Removable Cross Bar
- Arm Cut Out
- Taped to extend harmonics
- Lush bass tone
- Great sustain
- Highly Responsive
- Hand-Selected Sustainably Sourced Goat Skin
- Crafted from beautiful Indian Rosewood.
NB. From time to time we may need to replace a beater with another beater of equal or greater value
As you may have guessed, yes the skin is the most important part of the bodhrán. That's why we only use the best of skins, sustainably sourced. We have done many blind tests and the results are staggering. Even non-bodhrán players can tell the difference between a good quality skin and a poor one - it's that obvious.
There is a huge difference in sound between a professionally made bodhrán and a badly made one. Hand-cured and hand stretched, properly conditioned and treated (without the use of chemicals) goatskin wins every single time. Carefully removed goatskin is used because you get much more depth of sound from it. The curing of the skin has to be carried out with great care as if it's done incorrectly it can destroy the skin or the sound that comes from it.
All of Paraic’s bodhráns come taped around the edges as standard to ensure that gorgeous McNeela bass sound, part of which has made his drums so popular. This technique creates a much deeper tone and sustain. It was discovered by observing drummers who use E-Rings on their drum kits to dampen the tone. In much the same way the taping on the 16" bodhrán extends the harmonic range of the bodhrán and adds complexity to the bass.
Good to know:
- 14 day money back guarantee from the day you receive the bodhrán set.
- 100% refundable (For any reason, just return it up to 14 days from when you receive the bodhrán set).
- 1 year guarantee
- Same Day Shipping - If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday)
- **Discounted FedEx 5-Day Shipping to countries with postal delays
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 - 10 days)
Not sure which bodhrán is for you? Give me a call and I'll help you choose! Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 087-2569672
From outside Ireland +353 18322432
Customers also viewed