McNeela Premium A-Style Mandolin [SOLD OUT]
- 2,000.00 Grams
McNeela Premium A-Style Mandolin
Features of the McNeela A-Style Mandolin
- 8 string
- 20 fret
- Flat back
- Teardrop body
- Spruce top
- Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay
- Adjustable rosewood bridge
- Walnut back & sides
- Oval sound holes
- Geared tuners with pearlescent peg heads
- Standard Irish tuning GDAE
- Excellent response
- Warm, bright tone
- Free mandolin gig bag
Oval Hole Mandolins vs F Hole Mandolins
Aesthetics and construction aside, oval hole mandolins will usually have a warmer, more woody tone and offer greater projection, sustain and resonance - particularly in the lower register.
F-hole mandolins will typically offer a brighter tone, with more volume and a stronger attack. Sometimes, they can offer a slightly more percussive sound, depending on the instrument. The higher the quality of the craftsmanship however, the fewer the differences that exist between the two styles.
Traditionally, oval hole mandolins are more commonly used for traditional Irish music and folk music, while F-hole mandolins are played in bluegrass, country, and folk rock.
This is not a hard and fast rule however. You can play any style of music on whichever style of mandolin you prefer.
Discover more information for mandolin players on our Irish Music Blog:
Good to Know:
- 14 day money back guarantee from the day you receive your mandolin. See our Shipping & Returns Policy.
- If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday), we ship it the same business day.
- Priority Shipping Worldwide.
- If you're in a hurry enquire about our FedEx 4-6 day shipping.
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 - 10) days)
REST OF WORLD (10 - 14 days)