The McNeela Rosewood 16" Tuneable Deep-Rim Bodhrán
Paraic McNeela has been making Irish Bodhráns since 1979; it's not a hobby for him, it's a passion. He developed this beautiful Rosewood Deep Rim 16" Tuneable Bodhrán in 2008, and to his delight it was an instant hit with the professional bodhrán playing community and brought something of a wow factor to the session, hup! Thanks to our Allen-key tuners you can adjust the tension of your skin with total ease and minimum distraction.
The McNeela Rosewood Tuneable Bodhrán has been crafted and designed to produce a deep tone. We believe it represents the pinnacle of modern bodhrán making. So if you're looking to buy a bodhrán we have you covered!
Key Features of the McNeela Rosewood 16" Tuneable Deep-Rim Bodhrán:
- Crafted using high quality Rosewood for a gorgeous resonance.
- Designed to be easy for the player to hold and control.
- This is a taped bodhrán which helps to produce that beautiful signature McNeela bass tone.
- Has a removable cross-bar and arm cut-out for even more playing comfort.
- Specially selected, best quality goatskin cured and treated to enable a rich timbre
- Multi-point Allen key Tuning System (Allen Key included)
- Sensational good looks
- Rim Depth of approx. 5" and thickness of 0.3" (8 mm)
- Comes with a handy carrier bag with pocket for beaters
- *Plus for a limited time only BONUS LESSONS*
BONUS BODHRÁN LESSONS WITH RÓNÁN Ó SNODAIGH
For a very limited time only, with every purchase of any of my tuneable bodhráns you will receive eight lessons, YES eight lessons, with Rónán Ó Snodaigh, one of the greatest bodhrán players ever.
These online lessons will cover everything from basic traditional Irish dance beat timing, traditional Irish music session performance, alternative beats, how to get the most out of your bodhrán skin, how to tune your bodhrán and everything else you need to get started on your bodhrán learning journey.
With Rónán’s magical way of teaching I guarantee you will fall completely and utterly in love with bodhrán playing.
These lessons are exclusive to McNeela Instruments and will have you accompanying traditional Irish music sessions with gusto in no time!
Over to Paraic: "A lot of people may overlook the bodhrán making process and think it's unimportant, however the way a bodhrán is crafted is extremely important. Time and time again, I get calls from people telling me how they have just bought a cheap bodhrán, and after just a few hours of playing they realise that the sound quality is poor and no amount of playing or practising will make it sound good - this is the last thing any musician wants."
When a bodhrán is being crafted, there are 23 different decisions a bodhrán maker must make and believe us, none should be taken lightly. We know when making bodhráns and all other musical instruments, it's the finer details that count. That's why we design, test and craft using the finest materials - when making bodhráns every little thing counts and the end result should evoke that wonderful beat we all know and love.
Why we use rosewood:
Rosewood is a remarkably beautiful hardwood and is quite dense. The more dense the wood the better the resonance. Rosewood is hard enough to allow for a strong earthy resonance, it’s also very good looking and cost effective at the same time.
If you’re starting out with the bodhrán we also recommend this great text tutor by esteemed bodhrán player, Peter Houlahan, The Irish Drum - An Bodhrán
Good to know:
- 14 day money back trial from the day you receive the Rosewood Deep Rim 16" Tuneable Bodhrán.
- 1 year guarantee (this is very important when considering which bodhrán to buy).
- Has a removable T-bar and arm cut-out for even more playing comfort.
- If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday), it is shipped the same business day.
- 100% refundable including shipping (For any reason, just return it up to 14 days from when you receive the bodhrán).
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 - 10 days)
REST OF WORLD (10 - 14 days)
If you have any questions or you're not sure which bodhrán is for you, Paraic McNeela would be delighted to help. You can contact him here: Contact Paraic