The Rosewood Deep Rim 14" Performance Bodhrán
- 2,000.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
This Rosewood Bodhrán has been designed to produce a deep resonating tone and represent the pinnacle of modern bodhrán making and, with Paraic’s easy to use hand-tuning system.
It doesn’t get much better than this plus for a limited time only when you purchase any McNeela Performance Bodhrán you will receive 8 free bodhrán lessons* with Rónán Ó Snodaigh!
Key Features of the Rosewood Deep Rim 14" Tuneable Bodhrán:
- Crafted using beautiful rosewood.
- Compact in size making it easier for the player to hold and control.
- Produces a beautiful deep and rich tone with great sustain.
- Highly responsive
- Has a removable t-bar and arm cut-out for even more playing comfort.
- 8-point hand tuning system
- Rim Depth approx 5 1/2”
- Taped to extend its harmonic range and produce a gorgeous tone
- Hand-selected, specially treated and cured goatskin
- Head-turning good looks to match the sound it produces
- Comes with free bulbous beater and handy bodhrán canvas carrier bag
- BONUS BODHRÁN LESSONS with Rónán Ó Snodaigh
For a great bodhrán tutorial, check out Steáfán Hannigan’s tremendous book & CD combo, Bodhrán Basics.
BONUS BODHRÁN LESSONS WITH RÓNÁN Ó SNODAIGH
For a very limited time only, with every purchase of any of my tuneable bodhráns you will receive eight lessons, yes eight lessons, with Rónán Ó Snodaigh, one of the greatest bodhrán players ever.
These online lessons will cover everything from basic traditional Irish dance beat timing, traditional Irish music session performance, alternative beats, how to get the most out of your bodhrán skin, how to tune your bodhrán and everything else you need to get started on your bodhrán learning journey.
With Rónán’s magical way of teaching I guarantee you will fall completely and utterly in love with bodhrán playing.
These free online bodhrán lessons are exclusive to McNeela Instruments and will have you accompanying traditional Irish music sessions with gusto in no time!
The Bodhrán Skin:
The skin is the most important part of the bodhrán. We've done many blind tests and the results are staggering. Even non-bodhrán players can tell the difference between a good quality skin and a poor one - it's that obvious. That's why we only use the best goat skins.
Our skins are sustainably sourced from healthy animals, carefully selected and examined for quality. The goat skins are naturally hand-cured in lime, which gives that all-important bass tone, then 'pickled' to close up the pores and finally stretched and left to sun dry, achieving a lovely clean 'bleached' finish.
Each skin is unique to your bodhrán and any imperfections or differences in thickness are normal and are a great way to allow you to vary tone and pitch when playing. McNeela bodhrán skins produce great depth of sound and are easy to tune.
'Whatever way Paraic cures them and treats them, I can get everything I want out of them. There’s a lovely sound to [the goatskins].”' - Jim Woods
Why We Use Rosewood: We only use the best quality of wood and this bodhrán is made using rosewood. Rosewood is a hardwood and is quite dense and heavy. The more dense the wood the better the resonance.
Rosewood is not quite as dense as cocuswood or blackwood but it is still hard enough to allow for a strong earthly resonance, a really beautiful aesthetic and it's cost effective at the same time.
- 100% refundable (For any reason, just return it up to 14 days from when you receive the bodhrán).
- 1 year guarantee (this is very important when considering which bodhrán to buy).
- Has a removable T-bar and arm cut-out for even more playing comfort.
- If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday), we'll ship it the same business day.
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
USA & CANADA (5 - 7 days)
EUROPE (3 - 4 days)
UK (2 days)
IRELAND (Next Day)
THE REST OF THE WORLD (5 - 7 days)